hey up..

5hredder

hey all..

new to the forum, and indeed to looking at the stars with the aid of a telescope :)

just got a Jessops TA900-114EQ telescope from my ace girlfriend for chrimbo.. actually had 10 minutes of clear sky last night and managed to focus in in the moon.. looked amazing (especially round the dark edge where the craters really stood out).

hopefully i can learn some useful tips from you guys, so i'll start now by saying thank you in advance for all your help and guidance ;)

rors

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Rors and welcome to the forum. You might like to use this program called Stellarium to help find your way around the night sky, its free and its a great bit of kit!

Clear skies

James

thanks james.. grabbing it right now :D

thanks for the warm welcome space junkies :D

spent a [removed word]' fffffreeeezin' night out in the garden last night with a mate and our telescopes.. actually saw jupiter and 3 of it's moons - so ace!!!

we then moved on to look at the sword bit of orion.. they looked really misty as if glowing in a cloud??? is that a nebula?

stayed up to try and catch a glimpse of saturn but it got far too late and i was far too cold :)

great night though, and a top intro to stargazing!!

Archived