Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Unidentified object

Hi all,

I've just been looking at a very bright object in the southern sky, but cannot see it on Stellarium. Forgive my lack of sky general knowledge, but can anyone tell me what star this is - it is definitely not a planet as it is twinkling and is as bright as Jupiter!? :p

Many thanks,

Rick.

Ignore that, Stellarium is showing Venus SSW so it must be that. I looked through my scope, but couldn't make out any surface detail as it's too bright. Unless there is a supernova in the vacinity, it has to be Venus; I just didn't think it twinkled as much as that because Jupiter doesn't! lol

I was out about 45 mins ago and couldn't see any thing bright in the west, Only venus which as said above was more south west, although now getting closer to west as it starts to set.

Could you see venus when you where out looking?

Edit *** Ignore all the above you all posted while I was typing, Must type faster!! lol

I was wondering what it was also the sky map on my phone didn't show it as venus so I wasn't sure. Been looking at it for a few nights I order my first scope on thursday so hopefully I'll be able to get a look at the weekend/early next week

Brian

Archived