Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

William Optics FLT98 with Feathertouch & Reducer IV

FLO

That all depends on how much you want to spend! With the reducer you can definately accommodate up to a Kodak 4022 sensor and likely a KAF8300 sensor (I can't say for sure on the last one as i have not tried one, but is advertised as being able to accommodate this sensor size). Though you have to be careful as some may need larger 2" filters. As for the make there's plenty to choose from, ATIK, Starlight Xpress, SBIG, QSI to name but a few. I have a QSI540wsg which i can recommend, it also includes a built in OAG and filter wheel and happily uses 1.25" filters. I've also used a Atik 16HR (I think the 314L now?) and truetek filter wheel and that worked well too but had more a limited field of view (however you probably wouldn't need the flattener for this chip).

Hope this helps

Ian

Ooooooh, now thats an attractive option! I have tried a WO combination like this visually on a neighbours pitch at Kelling and can say that the Feathertouch was quite simply astonishingly smooth, a pure joy in itself.

This is certainly a combination that I'd look at hard and long if I didn't have the Tak FSQ. It would be good to know the size of image circle it can cover, too. Paul knows what he's talking about and may well have an answer.

The Feathertouch is great and is a mighty plus for this scope. I have yet to meet an FLT98 but it will happen and, no doubt, be a most pleasant encounter!

Olly

hi all

i will try find some suitable images and post here and yes its a good flat field across the whole chip and you can adjust the flantner to ccd chip distance in real time.

Not used it much lately as i been using a 5 inch refractor.

paul j

The William Optics website for the Reducer IV says this ......"35mm for full illuminated imaging circle."

What does that mean??

Normally that means that the diameter of the useful light cone is 35mm. Compare this with the diagonal measurement of your chip and if that diagonal measurement exceeds 35mm then you are out of the best of the light cone. 35mm is not bad but not exceptional. I think our Tak Baby Q is about 44mm from memory but the net is too painful tonight to verify that!!

Olly

Archived