Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

8mm Hyperion purchased

izakimak

Received my Baader Hyperion yesterday for use in a Skywatcher 250px f4.8.

Very good.

Last night was a half moon. Sky was causing the moonlight to produce a very large orb of light round the moon. Also had broken cloud.

Could see different "caps" on jupiter.

M45 the nebular was visible.

Double cluster was a single cluster due to magnification, but each one fitted in the field of view.

The Pleiades stars are currently travelling through a massive stellar dust cloud which is illuminated by the stars and appears as nebulousity with good seeing. Very nice eyepiece, the 8mm was my favourite Hyperion.

I have seen the nebulosity in M45 several times using my SW200 and MN78. Definitely there. When none-M45 stars are clear and some M45 stars are in a grey mist.

Not last night though due to the poor viz here. Moon and Jupiter were only just managing to shine through.

No, little fuzzies around the individual stars, Merope particularly. More obvious with higher magnification. Never seen it with less than the 10" though, was very good through my friends 12".

The Nebula was visible on M45 :):icon_scratch::)

I would imagine it may have been the eyepiece dewing up from the heat from your eye unfortunately.

Thats why i have nebulosity around every star these days.:)

Archived