Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First blue Sun

Starman

Hi all,

Here's my first ever CaK Solar result. Quite amazing the difference in view between the H-alpha (which looked quite subdued today) and the CaK. This was an early shot to beat the clouds and there is evidence of thin cloud overlying the disk. The full disk image is a 6-frame mosaic. Can't wait to have a high Sun in a clear blue sky.

2007-05-16_07-09-30_CaK-full_800.jpg

Superb image Pete..

Did you try using it visually, if so how did you get on?

I had one on loan a while ago from First Light Optics. I never got to image with it due to poor sky conditions and I managed to view through it once. Interesting to see if experienced eyes could pick out any detail..

Greg

Wow - this is an active board isn't it. Thanks for all the nice replies.

Greg - I had a look through the CaK PST using the only eyepiece I had to hand (26mm - which wasn't the best choice to be honest). I could see the disk quite clearly and make out the active regions without too much bother. I must say that from all the reports I've read about this instrument, I was expecting to have a much harder time of it. Imaging wise the on-screen view was actually very bright!

Thanks Pete,

I know different people can see different levels of detail according to their eyesight, mine isn't particularly good.

So for me it would be an imaging scope.

I'm saving for the Ha... :)

Is an excellent image in Cak.

Greg

Well I am no solar expert, but I know a good image and that is a good image. I like the blue cast of the disc.

I wonder what Vega would be like imaged with your device. But not from the same distance I would think. :)

Ron.

Archived