Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Loughborough

wisewoman

Hello,

I'm new here and trying to find out whats going on in and around Loughborough - so fellow Loughboroughians come out come out wherever you are!

Guess i'd better say a bit about me. I've loved astronomy / space / Star Trek (its real isnt it? :icon_confused:) etc etc since I was about 10 and went on to do a degree in Astronomy and Earth Sciences. Unfrotunately I dont work in the area - I ended up fixing computers for a living!

Anyway thoe long winter nights are here and I thought I'd fidn out what was goign on localy as I've been a night hermit for too long!

Melissa

Hi Melissa, a warm welcome to EMS.

There's quite a few of us round about, from Leicester up to Chesterfield. We have two dark sites we use, although one ain't so dark at the moment due to on going maintenance work at the power station.

Keep an eye on the board, and when we get together pop down and say hello. You are welcome to come along if you don't have any kit, that way you can get a look at what may be suitable for you when funds (or Santa!) allow.

Look forward to meeting you.

Hi Melissa - good to see you made it here and welcome to EMS :icon_confused:

And yes - Star Trek is 100% true - but only the first series with Spock and Kirk. The rest were all fiction based on a true story lol. I can see you're gonna get on well with the guys and girls of EMS :rolleyes:

Hello and thanks especiially to those who reaffirmed my belief that Star Trek is real. People always looked at me as if i was crazy when i insisted that it was and that one day the Enterprise was coming to beam me up!:icon_confused:

I also think I'm really a Minbarri and that the answer to everything is indeed 42.

Hopefully will meet some of you soon in a galaxy not too far from here...

Melissa :rolleyes:

Hi Melissa, I used to be stationed on Babylon 5

Oh I'm so jealous!! What was your job?

The closest I ever got to B5 was kissing:kiss: John Sheridan at a book signing in Nottingham about 11 years ago. He had obviously come back from the future to do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived