Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Equinox scope range!!

They look great - a nice suit of clothes for the very well regarded ED optics. Let's hope that we don't have to fork out too much more for the fine tailoring !!.

The new Equinox's might also bring some more of the original ED's to the 2nd hand market - I'm still on the hunt for an ED100 and the "old" style would do me just fine :)

John

They do indeed look great.. I'm mulling over a future purchase!!.

We will have to wait a year or so for them to reduce.

Rob

Yep - watch out for those special introductory deals that turn out to actually be 10% more expensive than the eventual retail price - a la William Optics.

Only a complete sucker would fall for that though :):D:) Ahem .....

John

The spec. is interesting in that it mentions an SCT focal reducer can be fitted to the larger scopes and left on. Must have an SCT compatible thread. Would make the 120mm scope 756mm FL and the 100mm 630mm FL.

MD

They look so tempting. Manufacturers are really cottoning on to the notion that beauty sells.

I know when I caress my ED80 as I remove it from the foam case, I just have to remove my fingerprints from it immediately.

When the time comes I can no longer manage to lift my 12" LX90 on to the wedge, I will sell it and my 6" frac. and buy the best ED I can from the proceeds.

Ron. :)

Ron,

My 'astro retirement plan' is pretty much along the same lines. A Losmandy GM8 and a 130mm ish ED Apo, plenty of time left yet though....I hope!! :)

Yeah!, sounds mighty good to me Gaz. Bit of time to go yet though.

Ron. :D

I notice that the ad claims an FPL-53 rear element for the 80mm and FPL-51 for the 66 then terms them both flourite - not technically correct that is it ?.

John

Archived