Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skyliner 300P at the Star Party!

Filters are on my 'to buy' list but I haven't decided on what to get yet - further research is needed.

As I was saying to Steve this morning, I intend to get a 28mm Meade SWA and 10mm Pentax XW once I've settled down with the 'scope. I'm holding off getting a Televue 3-6mm click-zoom on Steve's advice until later. The high-mag stuff can wait for now - at least until Jupiter (and Mars) are more favourably placed.

A nice surprise was that the dob is pre-fitted with a Crayford focuser instead of the usual rack-and-pinion. A Moonlite dual-speed focuser is still on my 'to buy' list though but I may change my mind on that one - I'll see how I get on with the Crayford first :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you've finally ordered a scope.. about time too :D

I'm sure you'll get some stunning views with the Skyliner 300P.

Scott

About time too indeed :police:

Thanks go to the members of this forum for all their advice (to me and to others) so far. I've 'ummed and arred' and done much reading of various threads for some time now but I think I've made a good choice and what a bargain 8) Thanks again Steve.

You will simply love the views through that thing! Very jealous!!

M51 is just magnificent through it, as are the globs!

The focuser is actually pretty good, quite smooth I thought and way better than the R+P.

• 2 months later...

I have been asked for a copy of the pic showing me fitting the 300P mirror at the SGL 3 Star Party (for a review). It was posted here on SGL but is one of the images lost when the Servor went down. I don't know who took the pic but if it was you and you still have it, can I have a copy please :D

• 1 month later...

New review on the Skywatcher Skyliner 300P that confirms what we experienced at SGL 3:

"... this instrument offers a staggering

specification for the money with an optical

performance that would be the envy of

many a manufacturer. With equipment

like this available at such reasonable cost,

observers truly have never had it so good"

Ade Ashford's review in Astronomy Now Oct 07

Archived