Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skyliner 300P at the Star Party!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I paid £400 for my old 250PX from Green Witch! The things you do when you don't know any better... :) That is certainly bargainalicious!

Tell you what though, I don't think it'll case of not people haveing the money, it's probably more if they can fit it in their car!

Did anyone buy the scope?

Not yet.

To be fair, it is huge! I had to hire a bigger van to get it there!!

The offer is still on...

Is the offer open only to members who attended the Wales starparty?

If not, I'm very interested.

Alas, I can only stay online for a another 10mins - I'm logged in to a t-mobile WIFI hotspot (75p per 10mins) at Medway services - just drove down here and I'm parked up for the night.

It may be next weekend before I can login again :)

You have first refusal Astronut :)

Phone me sometime tomorrow and we'll chat.

Thanks very much Steve :D:)

Unfortunately I may be too busy with my deliveries in Kent tomorrow and the day after, so I think it's only fair to give first refusal to any starparty attendees first. If it's not gone by weekend, which is when I can next come online then I will definately ring you - OK?

Must logoff now before this connection drains my mobile account.

BFN

Kudos to you Steve, Mark and Andrew. As soon as I saw what was in the mysterious third box I thought to myself, 'I'll do the base and leave it at that..'. I'm way to much of a clumsy so and so to handle a delicate operation such as that!

The deal is done :lol:

Just been on the phone to Steve and the 'scope will be on its way in the very near future. Just like to say thanks to Steve and the other guys for helping him to assemble the mirror in its cell in less than ideal surroundings. I wouldn't have minded doing this myself but now it's one less job to do in the assembly process. I've also ordered a cheshire and a laser (more big boys toys :D ) - the laser is currently out of stock due to a sudden influx of orders but I can wait.

Sod's law dictates that cloudy skies will most likely be guaranteed for the next few months :) - sorry guys and gals :D

Looking forward now to the knock on the door from the courier on a future Saturday morning. :D

to quote George from Blackadder IV - 'I am as excited as a very excited person who's got a special reason to be excited' :)

When I went from a 8" Dob to a 12" my first target was M42, I was panning around to get it and something came into the FOV, my first thought was 'what the hell is THAT!!!??'.....it was M42 but totally different to how I'd seen it in the 8", massive amounts of detail, it really blew my mind away!!

I remember looking at M42 in my 8.75" fullerscopes reflector with an erfle eyepiece back in the '80's and being totally amazed by the relatively vivid colours despite the local light pollution.

Archived