Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter GRS Nov 1st

Space Cowboy

Ever tried imaging an egg frying in boiling fat? Last night Jupiter was bubbling away like i've never seen. Seeing was between 2/10 and 4/10.

Quick process here, doubt there will be any other avis better than this. Very heavy wavelet used to force some detail out.

DFK & Auto Dob with 5X powermate.

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture14295-nov-1st-analyser.png

Looks good to me.

I was out imaging Jupiter last night, but haven't got round to processing the AVIs yet (busy decorating, but just taking a break at the mo - don't tell my missus).

Got to say though the on screen images looked good during capture on my netbook and the mount behaved impeccably, keeping Jupiter on screen for over two hours or so with minimal manual intervention on my part and that was with a 2.5x barlow and extension tube (the body of another barlow). If only all nights were like that!

Brinders

Thanks for your comments chaps! Yes i doubt conditions are not going to match those early summer mornings unless we have some frosty winter evenings. Weather is just too unsettled now. Going through other avis just in case there is something better. Seeing did improve for about 10 mins before 10pm.

I too have one of Jupiter in an almost identical position from last night. I was covering various phases of "GRS hour". I simply couldn't get that result at that magnification that you have though...

That 2nd "ninox" image is outstanding compared to the first Stuart :)

if you fancy writing a primer on using Ninox I'll be first in the waiting list;)

Cheers Karlo! Ninox is very easy to use, just a case of generating avi into bitmaps and then ninox does the rest. Tutorial is on here :

Planetary Imaging and Image Processing - IceInSpace

Thanks Mike & Jeffrey!

I am impressed with the detail you are managed to liberate from your data, great work. Lately I have not even bothered to put the camera on the scope after checking out how bad the seeing was through the EP.

I shall have to give Ninox a go myself, it looks to deliver the goods.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived