SH2-129 HaRGB

ollypenrice

Here's half an hour per channel RGB added to the 4.5 hours Ha taken the other night. Intersting that you don't need much exposure for strong star colour.

Preprcessing in AstrArt5, processing in PI and Ps. AA5 is brilliant.

Tak FSQ85 at F3.9, iOptron IEQ45, Atik 4000 mono.

Olly

SH2-129-HaRGB-FLYING-BAT-NEB-X2.jpg

What a masterpiece, Olly!

A target I've never seen before, interesting!

I often have a hard time struggling to maintain descent starcolors when mixing RGB with narrowband, you've pulled it off like a champ, I really admire the vibrant variation in your starcolors

What a masterpiece, Olly!

A target I've never seen before, interesting!

I often have a hard time struggling to maintain descent starcolors when mixing RGB with narrowband, you've pulled it off like a champ, I really admire the vibrant variation in your starcolors

Thanks, my star routine is colour calibration, all star method in PI.

Add Ha in Blend Mode Lighten to red in Ps. Sometimes add a little as Luminance as well. Exceptionally, in this image I went for 25%. Usually it's less than 15%.

On a copy image I work on star colour in Selective Colour in Ps, usually reducing magenta in the blues and pushing reds towards cyan. When this star colour looks OK I use Noels Actions Increase Star Colour but reduce the opacity to taste. One or two big stars need individual adjustment then that's it.

I'm sure most of it is down to a clear, very dark site and terrific colour correction by Tak and TEC. Oh, one other thing; I use Registar to align the colour channels. I know of no other programme that gets the alignment so perfect and this does improve star colour.

Olly

The stars are fantastic, such a sea of pinpoint colour and from 30 mins each colour, quite a feat!

Thanks, but I think less is more for the stars. Long subs, lots of them and a Luminance layer all conspire to over-expose them.

Olly

Just gorgeous Olly, a feast for the eyes :)

So you'd reccomend PI then?

Cheers

Rob

Thanks Rob and all (and Nadeem, of course you are welccome!)

PI...? Yes, I couldn't be without it. It is the most autistic piece of software ever written, in my view, having all the communicative power of an armless man with a set of semaphore flags on a dark night. However, it sorts out, very effectively, all those things that were always so infernally difficult; colour gradients, GREEN in all its unwanted forms, colour calibration, background sky. I find it hard because my mentality doesn't suit it and I prefer to get my hands in the clay, so to speak, with Ps.

It is a brillinat programme though and I'd call it essential.

Olly

Thanks, my star routine is colour calibration, all star method in PI.

Add Ha in Blend Mode Lighten to red in Ps. Sometimes add a little as Luminance as well. Exceptionally, in this image I went for 25%. Usually it's less than 15%.

On a copy image I work on star colour in Selective Colour in Ps, usually reducing magenta in the blues and pushing reds towards cyan. When this star colour looks OK I use Noels Actions Increase Star Colour but reduce the opacity to taste. One or two big stars need individual adjustment then that's it.

I'm sure most of it is down to a clear, very dark site and terrific colour correction by Tak and TEC. Oh, one other thing; I use Registar to align the colour channels. I know of no other programme that gets the alignment so perfect and this does improve star colour.

Olly

Thank you so much for taking the time explaining your tricks of the trade. In my opinion you & Peter Shah are true masters of star-colors, been my inspiration pretty much from the day I decided to pursue the hobby of astrophotography, and it's great to see more & more ppl picking up the tricks you guys teach

Thank you so much for taking the time explaining your tricks of the trade. In my opinion you & Peter Shah are true masters of star-colors, been my inspiration pretty much from the day I decided to pursue the hobby of astrophotography, and it's great to see more & more ppl picking up the tricks you guys teach

You're very kind. In fact Peter's stars made me realize that I certainly needed to improve mine! Avoiding Lum where possible on stars I picked up from Rob. The ideas are out there...

Olly

Archived