NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

BBC 2 Faster than the Speed of Light?

Nexus 6

He lost me with the... accelerated (quantised) pace of discussion re. potential for texting lottery numbers into the past? Wasn't sure why his confederate "girlfriend" had to be traveling near the speed of light... or something??? :)

I LIKED the way the "Pollyanna Professor" [teasing] stressed that the OPERA group had carefully considered their results etc. There wasn't too much emphasis on the "nobber" (poppycock even?) stuff... so beloved of the BBC. :evil6:

I did vaguely wonder how our "Italian friends" managed to turn off into their

underground lab. The potential for traffic jams, sub-terranian collisions... :)

Yes it was :)

The barman said "Sorry we don't serve neutrinos in here."

A neutrino walks into a bar...

Was a good and interesting programme, which was quite surprising given how quickly it must have been put together!

Programme was very interesting to watch although they still can't help themselves filming these long scenic shots, especially the one of him standing on the giants causeway throwing stones into the sea - a little bit "coxy" to me. The story of electricity is still the one to watch as it just gets on with it.

James

Programme was very interesting to watch although they still can't help themselves filming these long scenic shots, especially the one of him standing on the giants causeway throwing stones into the sea - a little bit "coxy" to me. The story of electricity is still the one to watch as it just gets on with it.

James

Any of the series with Jim Al-khalili are good, I love the presenting style of both him and Adam Rutherford, as you say they just get on with it. Shock and Awe is just the latest in a line of brilliant Science programmes presented by one of them, along with Cell, Atom, The Gene Story and others.

Archived