im so lucky tonight.

rory

hi all. just 2 minutes ago i walked into the garden to tell my son he's got to pack his scope away , and as i walk outside a huge meteor shoots straight in my line of vision :D.

i say huge ,i mean i could see it for about 5 seconds or more even and bits were breaking away. it was amazing sight ive gotta say.

my son is not best pleased he missed it.

stunning stuff.

I saw a fiery one a few weeks ago. The first I've ever seen*. I assumed it was a meteor, anyway, as it was travelling so quickly.

I spent a while arguing with my daughter about shooting stars, satellites and planes last night. It tended to start, "Daddy, I can see a plane. There, above the chimney!".

"Where Maisie?"

"There, by the chimney.

I move for a better view, "What still above the chimney? It would have moved by now, foolish girl. It's a star..."

5 minutes later, "Daddy, a shooting star...." and so on for about an hour.

*The first 'fireball' I mean, not my first shooting star.

i also seen a light that got slowly brighter before fading over a 8-10 second period in casseopia. i assumed it was a satalite of sorts.although moved alot slower than other satelites in the past.

Maybe early orionids?

I haven't seen a good one for years, just the usual half-second streaks of light. I'l never forget the only fireball i've seen though, lasted what seemed like forever, could see flames rippling, a big trail of smoke, and i'm sure i heard a little noise too... It was SO awesome!

Maybe early orionids?

I haven't seen a good one for years, just the usual half-second streaks of light. I'l never forget the only fireball i've seen though, lasted what seemed like forever, could see flames rippling, a big trail of smoke, and i'm sure i heard a little noise too... It was SO awesome!

just want to see a replay dont you. cant believe what your seeing.

just had a look for what jimmy was talking about and found this...

The Orionids usually occur from October 17 - 25 and in 2011 are scheduled to peak late night on October 21 and continue overnight into the early morning hours of October 22

so there is a good chance of a replay .

just had a look for what jimmy was talking about and found this...

The Orionids usually occur from October 17 - 25 and in 2011 are scheduled to peak late night on October 21 and continue overnight into the early morning hours of October 22

so there is a good chance of a replay .

woohoo:hello2::D:hello2:

hi iam hopeing weather permiting to take some photos of meteors on saturday morning i have a canon 350d and a 18mm-55mm lens and want to know what setting i need to use i have a wireless remote for it as well and a tripod any help please

Neat! I had a similar experience donkey's years back (32 or so). Whilst cycling I spotted a beautifully clear patch of sky, I got of my bike, wondering if it would be a good idea to set up the camera for a wide field shot (with my Helios 58mm F/2 lens for constellations). As I stood there a very bright meteor shot across the very area I was looking at. It flared up with a greenish tint and disintegrated into two or three bright fragments.

hi all. just 2 minutes ago i walked into the garden to tell my son he's got to pack his scope away , and as i walk outside a huge meteor shoots straight in my line of vision :).

i say huge ,i mean i could see it for about 5 seconds or more even and bits were breaking away. it was amazing sight ive gotta say.

my son is not best pleased he missed it.

stunning stuff.

Was it in the West late on! Because I saw one that must have lasted a good 3 to 4 seconds last night quite low in the west coming from Vega to the ground.

Archived