Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Newbie from Nottingham, UK

CJBooth

Hello all,

I've posted my intro in the usual place but I was pointed in this direction by brantuk.

I've not yet got a telescope of my own and, truth be told, I'm finding it a daunting task to know what I should be going for.

I'd like to eventually get myself a decent telescope, some know-how and maybe meet a few new faces along the way.

I'm actually about a mile from Ikea at Junction 26 of the M1, maybe some of you know it (I'm sure you do!).

Hope to get to know you all.

Craig

Hi Tony,

Indeed, very close. I used to work at the Phoenix Park which is literally around the corner for you. These days though, I'm a junction further up the M1 for work.

I must say I was surprised at how many people here appear local to me already. I've been a member of many forums for different subjects and haven't found such a place before.

I've also been poking through peoples signatures (their telescope model details) and I've already learned, I don't need to spend a fortune. :)

Craig

hi Craig again,

i`m just off junction 25 M1, Sandiacre, there`s another member "Glider" just round the corner from me and "Doc" a few miles away in Chilwell.

your very well placed where you are for both our meeting sites, one in Belper where you can see the Milkyway, had a great meet there last week, and the other in Sawley, just round the back of the marina, your very welcome to come down anytime.

anyway a couple of years ago i was in the same situation as you, very confussed by all the different scopes available and the budget i wanted to spend, it was a couple of hundred pounds then, since has increased alot but i think i`m there now, so your more than welcome to have a look through it one night.

Thanks all for your welcomes.

hi Craig again,

anyway a couple of years ago i was in the same situation as you, very confussed by all the different scopes available and the budget i wanted to spend, it was a couple of hundred pounds then, since has increased alot but i think i`m there now, so your more than welcome to have a look through it one night.

That would be great, thanks. :)

Welcome aboard Craig from another Ikea localite.

Paul

Being classed as an Ikea localite... I'm not sure how to take that! :)

Hi Craig from me too. I'm in Belper and my closest site is the cricket club where we had our Autumn meet last saturday (1st Oct). We have 4 of these a year, the next will be early jan. In addition to these, we have the clear sky meets at the sawley or Cricket club site.

Hi CJ, welcome to EMS.

Iam just up the road at Watnall. There's also a member in Awsworth........ so you are surrounded!

Look forward to meeting you. Keep an eye on the forum for a get together, it can happen quick if it looks like the weather might give us a few hours.

Welcome to your local forum, all the help and advice you need, you only have to ask!

Thanks, I most definitely will be. :rolleyes:

Hi CJ, welcome to EMS.

Iam just up the road at Watnall. There's also a member in Awsworth........ so you are surrounded!

Look forward to meeting you. Keep an eye on the forum for a get together, it can happen quick if it looks like the weather might give us a few hours.

Now I do feel surrounded!

I'm looking forward to popping to one of the upcoming meets.

HI Julian, A warm welcome to EMS.

Unfortunately the best we have to offer locally is out near Belper, but it's well worth the effort, the Milky Way is nicely visible, as is M31.

We also have a site at Sawley, but there is an array of flood lights at the Power Station at the moment, so not quite so dark, but still better than my garden.

Archived