Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is there a story behind your 'handle'?

AndyMac

Apologies to Russ (who will feel left out of this thread) - but is there a story behind why you chose your particular handle which you use on this forum - and for many of us, also elsewhere?

For me 'Big Dipper' merely reflects my warped sense of humour. On the one hand, it is associated with an astronomical theme - Ursa Major. On the other, there are the obvious connotations about my physique associated with it! :) :shock:

I've come to enjoy this handle throughout the 4 years I've used it. It is now my trade mark! :)

Lmao at you guy's it's 2.07am now just relaxing and i get into this thread and wake up! cool :)

Anyway orionthehunter because like in the winter sky's it easy to find and a thing of beauty and splender with all those new born's in there ready for the future. The futures bright the futures orion.lol

James aka Orion :whdat:

Mine just popped in my head. I was signing on to an IRC chat room-sciastro-and it asked for a nickname. Astroman just popped in there. Then I find out later there's some rock and roll band with the same name. Oh well, whatever. :? >shrugs<

Anyway orionthehunter because like in the winter sky's it easy to find and a thing of beauty and splender with all those new born's in there ready for the future. The futures bright the futures orion.lol

James aka Orion :whdat:

Geez! Pass the bucket! puke.gif

Mine's a little deeper!.

The 8uk bit is because others had used the 'Morden' handle before in Yahoo groups.

The Morden name is from my favourite character in the Sci-fi series 'Babylon5' which is now finished (what a great story that was). The character was a link from humans to an old race of aliens that controlled galaxy evolution!.

Morden himself was saved from death to become a link between the races. His knowledge and power was immense. As a liaison to number of galactic races, he could work with them or destroy them to allow growth & progress!

Awsome!! 8)

Rob

Cant say as i have seen many eps of babylon 5 but what i remember of it the Music was fantastic(kind of music i do). The effect's are superb as to the story i wouldnt know Rob. I will wait for the reruns..

James aka Orion :)

Your not jokeing, visited that link you posted amazing feast to the eye's :).. I remember reading they did the graphics/CGI with amiga computer's all linked up to add to the processing power!

Cool Stuff

James :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this thread.. not sure why I missed it.

My handle being Ant doesn't leave a lot to the imagination :)

But I've used dinsdale on a number of occasions - for one it's the name of my favorite cat at home... Giant thing that you don't want to be bumping into in the night - lst time we had him weighed he came in at 8KG :shock:

It's also from Monty Python. Dinsdale Piranha who had a brother called Doug. They rulled the east end of london - but Doug was stalked by a giant Hedgehog (can't remember the hedgehogs name though).

Ant

• 2 weeks later...

So why am I called Spudicus? Well, when I joined the Army they shaved my head... Up until that moment when my scalp was skinned, I had no idea that my head is in fact shaped like a potatoe, hence Spud.

The icus add-on came about during the First Gulf war in 91, when the lads in my unit all became obsessed with a book about Gladiators and added 'Icus' to the end of everyones name!

So now ya know!

Another giant step for man's creative thinking ability....

not.

-daz for Darren

Sumo- My former physique (have lost 21 lbs over the last 12 weeks or go, another 21 to go!)

Archived