Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Brand New - Verry Intrigued

GodsPredeces0r

Hello, I figured i would introduce myself here.

My name is Tom i am 23 years old and live in the poconos of PA, and am originally from Brooklyn,NY and i love life and am interested in all aspects.

I was always interested with the stars and space and decided to purchase myself a telescope.

I am very new to astronomy and am very happy to be apart of this community or like minded people.

I decided to buy myself a ---> Orion Telescopes: Orion AstroView 120ST Equatorial Refractor Telescope

And i bought --> Orion Telescopes: Orion AstroView 120ST Equatorial Refractor Telescope

A lot of the filters were kind of pricy , and this seemed like a good deal since im a amateur i had some filters and some diff eyepieces.

I am interested in Astrophotography and i have a microsoft lifecam cinema witch is supposed to record in 720 HD and has a 30fps.

I was thinking of trying to use it with my laptop and registax :)

Well wish me luck :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi there and welcome i brought a life cam thinking the "HD" was going to be brill over the other cam have used a cheapo phillips one,the life cam was a let down to say the least,i would think about it before i wrecked it but i wish you luck and hope every thing works well i would be interested to see how you go with it

cheers

HI Tom,

Welcome to SGL, I have the same telescope different badge scope for my grab & go. The first thing in filters I would get is an UHC / -v filter as it will remove some of the blue from your visual work. You can grow your setup from there.

Good Luck

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome's.

Quote ( Hi Tom and welcome to SGL, if you are going to venture into the photography side you are going to need the auto tracking package as well :))

Just curious what i might Need the tracking package for ?

I looked online and saw a really nice one --> Orion Telescopes: Orion Magnificent Mini AutoGuider Package

I like it but its expensive and im not sure if i do need it.

I dont much understand what it is used for exactly, one of the reviews the person speaks about subs :) ?

Quote (

hi there and welcome i brought a life cam thinking the "HD" was going to be brill over the other cam have used a cheapo phillips one,the life cam was a let down to say the least,i would think about it before i wrecked it but i wish you luck and hope every thing works well i would be interested to see how you go with it

cheers)

Thanks for your input, They have a studio version of the lifecam now but i guess it wont make as much of a difference if you had not had such great results.

I will give it a shot with my webcam and let you all know how it goes.

I still have to look into the matter, but i saw some tutorials on making a astrocam that suggested to trip away some for the webcams compnenets in witch case i might just buy a cheap webcam for the project.

My dad is a photographer so im sure he has some nice cameras he would let me use, i guess i would have to get some sort of adapters on the lens to fit into the lens shaft.

Just curious but would i get better images using a webcam and registax or would i get better results witha professional camera and registax ?

Im not sure if the cameras are able to record or just take pictures.

Quote (Welcome to SGL, I have the same telescope different badge scope for my grab & go. The first thing in filters I would get is an UHC / -v filter as it will remove some of the blue from your visual work. You can grow your setup from there.)

Curious, What do you mean by different badge/scope ?

I like to see someones images or get input on there opinions on the scope if its the same as the one i just bought.

Yes i was looking at the v filter , sun filter and several other filters but they are expensive and i already went over my budget =D, But i will deffinitly be getting more filters in the future.

Quote (Both of your links are the same :))

Ooops Heres the correct link --> Orion Telescopes: Orion 1.25" Premium Telescope Accessory Kit

By the way: My telescope is in the mail =D

I am too excited about getting it, I will post a picture as soon as i receive it.

Thank You

Archived