Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron 20x50 bins Amazon £20.94

Tarazed

ive mentioned that i need something different by what is on thir website, i know that its not the same but a lot of the person from sgl worked with flo :( i thought that maybe someone from here know something else which will help me :)

Thanks to everyone for their replies, it would appear that whilst these binoculars seemed at first to be a good deal they are not ideal for astronomy purposes due to the magnification (20) / light gathering (50) ratio. Always learning something new!

I avoided Celstron big binos as I heard lots of CA issues with them.

Helios are popular for budget large binos, plus Helios are also nitrogen purged, FULLY BROADBAND coated both sides, Celestron are not I believe.

I saw through a pair of Bresser binoculars (cheap from Lidl when on offers) and the clarity was very good, this was during daytime though but I was impressed, while not "giant" binos, it was sharp.

Being a birdwatcher I'm a little precious about optics, likely in the same way as guys on here with TV EP's. Basically, if you think you've got good binoculars under £100 you're wrong.

You get what you pay for of course, but sometimes there is what is called a "hidden gem" amongst the cheap ones.

Well, one that might not be quite as poor as the rest in the same price range.

Again, I do find it odd that in a hobby of £900 tripods and telescopes bargain bucket cheap binoculars are seen as viable.

I'm not being nasty or narky, it just puzzles me.

The ones I use aren't exactly optimum for astronomy, since they're 8x42 and I can see the edge of what the extra objective would get you but they're not my best pair which have ED glass and those ones are leagues ahead in views for the same mag and ob. I can only imagine that these cheap ones can't be better than decent ones with smaller lenses or at least less enjoyable.

Archived