Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter animation in IR with the 12"

Luis Campos

Hi all,

On the night of the 9th I've captured some IR avis with the 12" newt. and DMK 21 hoping to make an animation.

It came out nice I think, this was made using "Gimp" and it's 10 frames covering about one our of planet rotation, Europa is casting it's shadow on the planet and in the end you can see the Red Spot coming into view.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/antares_123/Jupiteranimationgif.gif

Hope you like it,

Best regards

Very nice work, I usually have my animations go back instead of jump to the beginning. I think it gives the animation some smoothness. The way to do it in GIMP is very easy just duplicate each layer and order the duplicates backwords after the last original layer.

I have to say, when I first saw these kinds of images, I thought, that's really nice.

Only now, after trying and failing to get a good single image of jupiter, can I appreciate the effort, persistance, and patience (not to mention technique), that goes into producing these images.

Hats off to you for a tremendous piece of work.

Thank's everyone for your kind words!

ScubaMike, right on, this was tremendous work, aquiring images process all the avis in a way that all seem equal in brightness, contrast, etc...and getting a night of good seeing when everything comes together is a rare feat...but in the end it's a good felling :)

Olorin, yup, I've been thinking the same thing, I just didn't know how to do it, so duplicate the layers and add them in reverse order into the animation...looks easy, thanks mate! :(

In the meanwhile, i've also processed some RGB images, i'll post them asap :)

Thanks,

Bye,

Archived