NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

how do i update my synscan handset

Why do you want to upgrade the firmware? There is no main advantage to it unless their are serious bugs, normally there is no need to update firmware, and often further down the road can cause problems, as an example, if you use the latest firmware, did not Skywatcher put an update in the firmware to stop 3rd party GPS units from working?

I have the AZ version, firmware 3, think the latest, or near enough. I have the StarGPS module working, and not risking further updates, encase down the future they inculde a code to stop 3rd party GPS modules working on the AZ version of the Synscan handcontroller.

So think before you update, it could down the track come back to bit you.

I upgraded my firmware as I was running on the original from about 18 months ago. I am sure this sounds silly, but it is a lot more accurate with it's goto now, even when connected to Stellarium. It just works better now and I can be guarenteed of getting the object in view, whereas before it could be a little hit and miss.

• 3 months later...

Archived