Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Very Poor First Attempt At Saturn

dazza1639

You've done really well for your first attempt, especially as you are using a Digicam rather than webcam. Is that a single image or have you stacked a few images? If it's a single, next aim to capture as many images as possible and then stack in Registax. Really makes a difference.

Regards

Russ

Dazza

thats a great start.

With single image shots the seeing is a big factor. If you get lucky and get a good moment you will be astounded what detail you can get.

If your unlucky the seeing will smear it all out despite careful focusing etc.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Darren

Poor by who's standards (can't be yours as this is your first) :D

Its better than my first efforts and some others i have seen.

Gotta keep going to get better though.

So lets see some more...

Thanks everybody.

Not to make excuses but the seeing last night was rubbish a lot of sky glow, I could only just make out the plough & Polaris, Saturn was in the same direction as the Play Golf driving range & Trafford Center so lots of brilliant white light, lighting up the sky. Even so I still managed an enjoyable few hours out observing & getting to grips with the camera.

Darren

Darren

I tried imaging with my Nikon digital camera and was so hopeless at it I got a webcam instead, so all praise to your first effort. Mine were nowhere near as good as that.

Another factor was that a remote release cable for the camera to stop the shakes was going to cost me as much as the camera itself so that settled it.

Geoff

Archived