Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Axiom-LX and Meade 5000 SWA reborn

russ

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrew,

I'll have my new ES 6.7mm in a few days time. I'll post up some comparison pics and specs with the 4000 6.7 uwa we have. I know what you mean about the 4000 uwa. It's a spot on eyepiece and looks like a regular 4000 Plossl. The 8.8 and 14 are completely different beasts (and beasts describes them rather well). The ES 14 (and 5000 14) are definitely smaller than the 14mm 4000 uwa.

Where are you ordering it from?

I'm considering the 4.7....and dreaming of getting the 30mm, (or at least putting it on a birthday present list) although I am a bit concerned about the weight of it on the dob

.....have you found any particular supplier that is cheaper for shipping

Where are you ordering it from?

I'm considering the 4.7....and dreaming of getting the 30mm, (or at least putting it on a birthday present list) although I am a bit concerned about the weight of it on the dob

.....have you found any particular supplier that is cheaper for shipping

There quite a few online shops in the states that sell them shipping ranges from $40-$60 depending what service you go with. There is a European seller on eBay based in holland or germany can't remember where that sells them shipping is cheaper the ep are a little more expensive but you don't have to think about customs charges when it's within the eu

Jake

The ES UWA eyepieces are truly excellent. You'll like the 6.7mm and may even want to get the 4.7mm too (which is sublime). I also love my 23mm Axiom LX and find it a real top-class performer. The prices for he "new" <cough> Celestron range are very nice indeed!

Ant

call me blonde, but what is the differnce between the axiom and the luminous?

Just the recommended retail price, it would appear :smiley:

Perhaps some brave person might dismantle one of each to see if any corners have been cut such as coatings, spacer materials etc. etc.

Thanks Russ for the head up on the Meade's

but only need on more eyepieces , once I try out the 9mm E/S I will make up my mind it may be the E/S 20mm 100* or a Televue 22mm T4 Nagler to make my set and hopefully that will be it for some time to come

Doug

Essex UK

• 2 weeks later...

Feels very nice quality just need to get first light with it. I sold the nagler a few days ago which maybe one day I will regret but if the es performs 90% as well as the nagler for the £75 it eventually cost me I'm going to be more than happy with that :rolleyes:

Archived