Clouds = Boredom = New Kit

Bart

Hello All,

Relatively new to this. Is the above a recognised syndrome? In an attempt to stay involved in this pastime during weather like this, is this the only thing to do, or is there another?

Yep this time of the year with short nights and the weather the way it has been for the past month or more all I seem to be doing is building up my kit ready for the dark nights ahead :)

So far this summer I have bought a handful of EP's and a new focuser for my refractor after it developed a few issues...

Not at all, all I've got so far is a webcam, IR filter for it, a nosepiece for it, a Bahtinov mask, a screw in cap and a Barlow.

Actually, I see your point... This can turn into an expensive hobby very quickly can't it:icon_confused:

Bored ,bored ,bored, bored don't know about buying new kit thinking of selling all but one scope :) sick to death of having £'s worth of kit doing nothing in the cupboards cloud and more cloud getting really tired of it now. The only time we seem to have clear nights is when I have to be up at daft o'clock in the morning for work. The train of thought is if I sell up then I won't be getting my hopes dashed every weekend or week off I get. That's my rant over :).

I find that I not only buy new kit but it turns out to be the wrong kit too. Bought a Skywatcher focuser knowing it wouldn't fit mu C9.25 but figured I could mod it and it would give something to do and save £100.

Instead

boredom = wrong kit = frustration = right kit = even more skint = frustrtaion

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This is why i'm building a new observatory instead of buying new kit, once my kit is permanent setup i don't have to go though the rigmarole of a 45 min setup, this will open up more time in the week when i can get out even when i'm at work the next day, at the moment i'm a weekend observer which narrows down my time available, and on top of that the weather it limited my time at the EP and CCD. For anyone who is interested Argos are doing 6 x 7 feet metal shed for £150, i'm planing to do it for less than £300 max if poss.

:)+:eek:+:)+:)=:headbang: Dont have a mount at the moment

but will be getting one soon , been observing for over a year now

seems like its always cloudy & when it isnt im doing somthin else

or cant be bothered setting up .

:)+:eek:+:)+:)=:headbang: Dont have a mount at the moment

but will be getting one soon , been observing for over a year now

seems like its always cloudy & when it isnt im doing somthin else

or cant be bothered setting up .

Thats Manchester for us M8

I've come into a little cash AND my birthday is in 3 weeks, so have been paving the way for an upgrade from a 6" Newt to a 10" GSO Dob with a 13 mm Hyperion, to go with the Parks Gold Series 2x Barlow winging its way from the USA. Roll on the winter nights, ahem, without the clouds....

Bart

Archived