NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Homemade Dew Shield

hayju01

Not the rarest of mods but after its first light or should be first damp :) last night/this morning (29th 1am to 4am) I'm very pleased.

It worked perfectly not a drop of dew in sight and the dew was definately falling as the red dot finder dewed up completely.

1. Camping Mat 1cm thick (e.g. not the real thin ones) about £10

2. Heavy Duty Velcro from amazon - £8.82 for 1 metre (£7.89 when purchased it

So £17.89 rather than £53 for two Astrozap ones, as we already had the camping mat going spare total cost for me £7.89 :) and i still have velcro over.

This is the proto-type on my 90mm Konus, plenty left to make another for the C9.25:hello2: might even make one for the RDF :headbang:

post-24560-133877640075_thumb.jpg

Also won't the weight from the matt burn out your motor faster?

I understand you're point but the second one I made for my C9.25 is only 758g and that's on NEQ6 so won't be a problem and this smaller one is omly 47g so again even on this goto won't be an issue.

The field of view is already a lot narrower than you might think. :-)

Depending on the scope focal length and the eyepiece the field of view is around 2 degrees with a low power eyepiece or much less with higher power eyepieces.

Archived