NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wanting an all in one eyepiece

Hi

The one benefit I have found from a

Zoom eyepiece (albeit not a

Baader) is that at the shorter

Focal lengths you get good eye relief.

I have a cheap Seben zoom which works OK with my 102mm Mak (funny how those last 2mm always gets a mention),

If I ever get a fast newt I'll definitely be spending some cash on the Baader Zoom.

Just my 2d.

Clear skies

Paul

Hi Tom, you asked a VERY wide question.

The best answer I can give is a Baader Hyperion 8-24mm zoom plus a Celestron x2 Ultima Barlow.

This will give continous powers from x42 to x250 in your scope.

Hope that helps.

I have the baader zoom and really like it. find it nice and easy to use and also think it has taught me more about the difference in focal lengths. I will also be able to take this with me as I improve my setup and is well worth the money, also holds good value if wanted to sell on i believe.

you can also get the 8-24mm skywatcher for £50 which i have been impressed with, the 8-24mm has a much better field of view than the 7-21mm which i though was horrific, the 8-24 is as good as the baader but with a smaller fov, more prone to blackout and requires focusing when changing focal lengths.

I have a cheap Seben zoom which works OK with my 102mm Mak (funny how those last 2mm always gets a mention)

I think it's code for "This one's a Mak" - like the 127s are always Maks. If it's a 130mm you know it's a Newt, and if it's 120mm it's invariably a refractor.

No idea of the history (or reliability) of this though... :)

+1 for meade 8-24mm. in different reviews between Celestron , Meade and Baader, C is a 4 elements piece and end up on 3rd position in test.now, between M and B, the opinions are 50-50; both brands have the same elements and specifications, and Meade is about 40-55 $ cad cheaper. i did some research and i end up with w Meade...it performed very well and i am happy with the EP. my 2 cents

Archived