Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Contradictory Weather Forecasts ... Again!

Stephen

Once again the combined intellect of the UK meteorologists (glorified weather girls) is doing its best to test me ...

BBC says it's going to chuck it down all night.

metcheck says it's going to be 1% cloud cover till 1am rising to 15% at 4am.

MET office say clear until 1am then lots of rain.

AARRGGHH!! To set up or not to set up, that is the question ....

Same position here! Cloud seems to be clearing after much heavy rain but just not sure. At least mount is already on Pier just needs uncovering.

Clear skies for all

Once again the combined intellect of the UK meteorologists (glorified weather girls) is doing its best to test me ....

We are not all weather girls you know. In fact it is only a tiny percentage of the Met Office who actually present weather forecasts to the public. And public weather forecasts are only a tiny part of what the Met Office does.

As for the forecasts of cloud cover, really? You decide to setup or not based on what cloud cover is shown on these low spatial and temporal resolution forecasts that are provided for free?

If you do that then you more to blame than us "weather girls".

Tsk, tsk.

:)

We are not all weather girls you know. In fact it is only a tiny percentage of the Met Office who actually present weather forecasts to the public. And public weather forecasts are only a tiny part of what the Met Office does.

As for the forecasts of cloud cover, really? You decide to setup or not based on what cloud cover is shown on these low spatial and temporal resolution forecasts that are provided for free?

If you do that then you more to blame than us "weather girls".

Tsk, tsk.

:)

I consider myself heartily admonished :)

However, it is the only basis I have to setup! I appreciate it is subjective, but the varying opinions do make it difficult to plan a sleepless night or not.

I wouldn't want to be starting the day with my three month old on no sleep if I hadn't got something out of the evening ;)

Currently 0% coverage so I've just finished setting up. Got the wife on standby in case it decides to do a 180 and chuck it down.

Fingers crossed ... my daughter wants a photo of Albeiro tonight :(

i've gone back to the bbc, and therefore the met office, after flirting with xcweather and metcheck for a while. BBC seems better at forecasting cloud cover than the others, for me.

Partly cloudy is the bbc forecast for tonight - partly cloudy it is too.

on the met office websight av a look for the INVENT section, its all the raw data that the met office use's to make predictions, iv been using that for a while now and it seems more accurate put ur location down in fav's and it will place stars so u can gather where u r to where weather is

iv also got a weather predictor thingy which its so simple , u move a small leaver for wind direction twirl a small dial for barometer reading and turn a knob for what letter it gives u and it predicts weather for next 12 hrs, and it is quite accurate... had it from gun warf keys in portsmouth in the navy shop :)

Was going spiffingly until 10 minutes ago, how it went from clear to complete cloud cover whilst I was setting up PHD I will never know!

Patiently watching the skies to see if it's going to clear or if I have to run the kit in in a hurry ....

Split Albireio with the Hyperion 17mm, blumming beautiful it was :)

Archived