2 screens, this is the life!

ollypenrice

Whee, this is great! Two big monitors for processing, and in a special room without outside lighting so the light level never varies. I set it up a while back but was stuck for a cable till now. The shop managed top get me the wrong one, twice.

It's tremendous to put all your Pix or Ps tools over on one screen and have the image on another, or have instructions up as well when learning new software. So many benefits. I wonder what three would be like...

Olly

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmmm Mike's getting a new screen for his photo editing so my dilemma is what to do with the spare screen .... 2 screens for processing OR 2 screens for the obs to avoid craning my neck into warm room all the time....:)

Helen

It is a touch screen, although I may have to remove it as my Win7 64bit install upsets the drivers for it. I only ever used it for music apps and instant messaging, while keeping three screen free for processing (all Spyder colour calibrated too!)

very nice... *sigh* I can but dream of something like that.. actually, it would be nice if I could get my normal mac monitor calibrated...

Sounds lovely though Olly

which mac monitor you got? iv got the old 17" cinema display with the plug for the G4/G5 and i found the colour calibration perfect

I've worked with two screens for several years now, and couldn't be without them. I feel very uncomfortable working on a single screen. But, Steve, how did you manage to plug three screens in? I thought you could only have 2 (i.e. the one on the laptop plus one other)

I've worked with two screens for several years now, and couldn't be without them. I feel very uncomfortable working on a single screen. But, Steve, how did you manage to plug three screens in? I thought you could only have 2 (i.e. the one on the laptop plus one other)

If you have one of the latest ATI gfx cards you could have 6 screens setup using their Eyefinity :)

Archived