Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Product Review Competition - Winners

Our new website has a Customer Review feature where visitors and customers can write a review and share their thoughts about a product they are familiar with.

A review can be anything from 4-5 lines to several paragraphs long. It doesn't matter if a product has already been reviewed and you can write as many reviews as you like. Simply go to your chosen product page then scroll to the bottom and click on 'Write a Review'.

Last month we ran a competition with two £50 FLO gift vouchers as prizes. The competition ran for 25 days, 93 reviews were submitted. Thank-you to all those who entered :)

We had planned selecting one review at random and another for being most noteworthy but with there being so many entries we have decided to give away an additional two £25 gift vouchers and to select winners based on quality and quantity.

So, here are the winners :eek:

MikeWilson : £50

Rossco72 : £50 (I doubt we'll ever sell another WO tripod!)

mint_mark : £25

Andrew : £25

You will all soon receive emails with your gift token codes.

If you didn't win, please don't stop submitting reviews. They are valued by us and our customers.

We shall run another review competition soon :(

Well done all and coincidentally, Andrew, if it was your review of the Skywatcher O-III filter which won it for you, then it worked as I have just placed an order for one!

Wow! Thanks for the generous extra prizes!

Well done all and coincidentally, Andrew, if it was your review of the Skywatcher O-III filter which won it for you, then it worked as I have just placed an order for one!

I think I won for quantity more than anything else, :) but good for you: you won't be disappointed. :(

Well done to the others too :eek:

Andrew

Sorry FLO, I'm a big WO fan but that tripod is a bit of a lemon in my opinion.

Hopefully you will not need to stock it and can fill the space with other goodies instead :-)

No problem :(

If it doesn't cut the mustard we need to know so we are grateful for your opinion. We mostly sell the Horizon 8115. I have a feeling we only have one WO tripod left on the shelf and our sales of birding binoculars are on the increase so we probably ought to source a new premium range of tripods.

Anyone want a half-price William Optics tripod....? :)

WOtripod.jpg

Yay!

I can't believe my luck (although I'd like to think it was the quality of my reviews that did it). The last time I won anything was a bottle of fishy water treatment from Practical Fishkeeping over five years ago!

Thank you First Light Optics!

I shall enjoy putting the gift voucher towards something nice :-)

All the best,

Mike

No problem :rolleyes:

If it doesn't cut the mustard we need to know so we are grateful for your opinion. We mostly sell the Horizon 8115. I have a feeling we only have one WO tripod left on the shelf and our sales of birding binoculars are on the increase so we probably ought to source a new premium range of tripods.

Anyone want a half-price William Optics tripod....? :)

WOtripod.jpg

Well Fedex is bringing to my door today - thought whilst Stu thought it didn't cut the mustard in the £90+ bracket it would be decent for a tripod 1/2 that price so took FLO up on the offer.

Fedex put on a delivery van in Cannock (about 4 miles up the road from) at 7.19 this morning according to the tracking info. It's now 5 hours later I just hope the delivery guy doesn't run out of fuel before he reaches me! :icon_eek:

Hope it does come as I am camping this weekend and it would be good to take it with me.

It's here. Unboxing done - after Stu's review I'm somewhat relieved having just unboxed it and discovered it to be fairly sturdy (I've only ever had a weedy cheapo photo tripod so don't know what to expect from a posh one).

Here it is with my Megrez 88 on which I thought it held fairly solidly - didn't expect that, with just the top leg extension out which gives me a nice seated height and should be just right for my 9yr old lad (well 9 on the 25th) to stand at the EP.

Fully extended the platform is my chin height (I'm approx 6ft). The specified capacity of the mount is 3.6kg and my Megrez is about 3.4kg without accessories. So far I think it's great, it seems to hold the scope fine - vibrations at high magnification could become a bit of a nuisance I guess. Maybe it's just because I got it 1/2 price but I'm over the moon! :)

I've spotted a small chip on the head but it's cosmetic I think and at this price I think I can ignore it.

I'll have a better play with it on my camping trip over the weekend and pop a fuller review on here and FLO's website next week. Anyway that's my grab and go sorted - was becoming a problem to include wife, 2 kids, border collie, large tent and the EQ5 and power pack for a weekend away!

post-14514-133877616166_thumb.jpg

post-14514-13387761618_thumb.jpg

Archived