BIG drama today

ollypenrice

wow - superb! is it me or does the top one look a bit like a flying skull??!! must be the end of the world (especially as the one on the other side resembles an Otter or is it 'otter?).

I can see the skull now too, but the otter (sadly single) reminds me more of the facehugger from the Ridley Scott's Alien film franchise :)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The scale seems to be measured in hours for the large proms. The larger and fainter they are the more rapidly they fade so when I see a big one like this I get at it straight away. Within an hour and a half the detached one had pretty much faded.

They looked terrific in the EP if you are not an imager.

Olly

Thank you. Would a PST allow me to view these or would I need something more complicated (and no doubt expensive)?

I can honestly say that I've never seen anything like this ever before - An absolutely amazing image. I've never tried any solar imaging (and get the feeling that I can't afford to start), but it must be amazing to watch something like that happening in front of your eyes... Fantastic Olly!

I did read a news article today that talked about these solar flares. For me, it makes me become quite excited since this means some northern lights in my region. Sometimes, living in the cold, isolated north is a GREAT thing!

Superb images!

Isabelle

"Not a very good picture"???:):eek::)

If that's "not very good" Olly, I'd be scared to look at what you described as a "very good one":p

Simply awesome images of our nearest star, hat's off to you sir:)

A large glass of red to toast that I reckon!

cheers

Dave

"Not a very good picture"???:):eek::)

If that's "not very good" Olly, I'd be scared to look at what you described as a "very good one":p

Simply awesome images of our nearest star, hat's off to you sir:)

A large glass of red to toast that I reckon!

cheers

Dave

A suggestion gratefully accepted! Salud!

Olly

• 3 weeks later...

Archived