Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ7

mijijim

imagine all the cheap EQ6's this could put on the market.

I think that will be the biggest benefit for most :D

I would assume that the EQ7 will be a whole lot more expensive (4,5,6 times more?) than the EQ6, so the target market is probably totally different.

I would assume that the EQ7 will be a whole lot more expensive (4,5,6 times more?) than the EQ6, so the target market is probably totally different.

Yeah probably but it will be the upgrade a fair few people will make especially if EQmod works with the new mount.

I would have thought they would have got away from steppers and worms and their inacurracys.

At the very least I expected servos but the better option would have been direct drive.

Surely, if that's the case i.e. £4000-6000 that puts it into the same market as, say, the G11 or the AP Mach1. Tough competition I would have thought.

The big point about the EQ6 is that, for its performance, it offers a price frame which no competitor seems to have matched.

Are Optron mounts rebadged Synta mounts?

iOptron

"$2640 deposit now. $6159 upon final shipment". $8799 = £5355:eek:....but I bet that (as usual) they won't convert $s to £s at anything like a sensible rate.

Not for as far as I know. The iEQ45 which I have been considering is much lighter than the nearest counterpart (same payload as EQ6 but 11 rather than 16 kg weight).

Received this morning following a price request for delivery to UK. Make of this what you will but it is some form of indication.

thank you very much - we don´t have the exact price information but I think, with drive system - around Euro 5000,-. This is around 3000,- cheaper than similar mounts.

But we don´t have any exact delivery time.

Best regards

Wolfi Ransburg

Archived