Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Occultation of Saturn

Ant

According to Starry night the moon completely occults Saturn on the morning of Friday 2nd March. It's around 2am from memory.

It's a close thing and Saturn is only behind saturn for around 30 minutes, so I'm guessing that other locations will not be so lucky.

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Ant

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for that. I had forgotten about Starry night and could have checked myself!!.

Having looked at that now and the lovely clear sky tonight it won't be something I can view from here (I'm a lot further south than Istanbul)

So I expect lots of nice photos and videos from there please.!

I was all up for this - I'd warned work that i would be asleep at my desk for most of the day (thought I may as well go into work straight from the occultation)!

But not only is it cloudy here - was lovely and clear here up to around an hour or two ago... I had a slight accident with a rather sharp knife earlier today. Spent over an hour in our work emergency room trying to get the finger to stop bleeding.

I'm certain that I won't lose the top of my finger now - but i have nasty cuts on two fingers and my thumb - I can't lift the HEQ5 or scope up.

I'm really hoping that they'll be better for the eclipse.

Moral of the story - DO NOT try to catch a butchers knife that you have dropped :lol:

Ant

OH FUDGE *!!#@#

I got my days wrong...AHHHHHHHH

No wonder Starry night looked "wrong" for tonight. DOH

I blame that 2nd bottle of red last night.......Honest

NOW it is Saturday night for the Lunar eclipse isnt it ? :lol:

Yes... tomorrow, Saturday 3rd. (yes it does go on in to Sunday but wipe Sunday from your brain!) Set 25 alarm clocks, write it on your forehead, write it on the back of the toilet door. :D

:sunny: :lol: :moon:

Vega

Archived