NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quick Question

For me it has to be websites. Firstly you can compare prices, specs and also get reviews and advice off SGL before you part with your hard earned. Secondly there doesn't seem to be many telescope shops in the north (they all seem condensed in the south) where you can go and have a proper look at them up close and personal and also speak with the staff at the shops and get valuable information.

Bit of both really. I got my first scope from a local photography shop (with a scope section), the second came from David Hinds website when they used to do retail. Third came from Green Witch - ordered over the phone then went to pick up when it arrived. I also got one second hand via SGL for sale board, and another from a friend at Kelling Heath star party, and the most recent from Ace Astro website in Bristol. Other bits and bobs have come from all over the place: shops, websites, for sale section, star parties etc.

Ooop Narth there's Rother Valley Optics in Sheffield lol :)

iv bought from FLO, (binos eyepeices adapters) second hand from few members on here (eq 2 and eq3-2 and my 102st) my DOB i had off ebay (but be careful with ebay as u need to know what your getting theres alot of rubbish (seben) scopes that is more useful as a waste paper basket

my ETX came from meade's uk distruptor (broadhurst clarkson + fuller)

Telescope, RDF, some of my EPs, light shield, collimator, and lots of good advice, from my local astro shop - Scopes'n'Skies/Pulsar Optical.

Remaining EPs from SGL. Red light torch and folding stool from the cupboard under the stairs :)

Archived