Another hello from Tenby.

DavidDix

Hello to everyone from Tenby in

West Wales.

My son AndyDix has been telling me all about amazing set of people who have helped him out in starting up.

My son and myself have decided to go it together in funding this amazing hobby.

My interest lies in photography. I have been taking photographs for over 58 years and I used to freelance for various press and magazines. I/we are very much looking forward to getting involved in the world of astrophotography.

Thanks again for all the help and kind words you have offered to my son over the last month or so.

Look forward to interacting with you all.

Regards

David.

Hi David and welcome to the forum. If you are thinking in the future of participating in astrophotography, or to give it its proper title the "Dark Side":D may I suggest that you get hold of a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95). It's a great book that will detail what you need, why you need it to get the level of results that will meet your own expectations. It is important to buy the correct kit from the outset and not only is this book modestly priced, it might in fact save you some money too. We wouldn't want your first image of a black hole to be the one found in your wallet!;):D:

Clear skies

James

Hi there David, Welcome to SGL ;)

For starting out in imaging you won't go wrong with Making Every Photon Count, by SGL's very own steppenwolf.

Easy to read, it's full of advice aimed at the imaging novice, including choosing the right equipment, tips 'n' tricks and lots of other vital stuff.

Have a trawl through the imaging sections too, They're full of info and some very experienced, talented folk who, I'm sure, will be more than happy to share advice and guidance with you.

Hi David and welcome to the forum. If you are thinking in the future of participating in astrophotography, or to give it its proper title the "Dark Side":D may I suggest that you get hold of a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95). It's a great book that will detail what you need, why you need it to get the level of results that will meet your own expectations. It is important to buy the correct kit from the outset and not only is this book modestly priced, it might in fact save you some money too. We wouldn't want your first image of a black hole to be the one found in your wallet!;):D:

Clear skies

James

Hi James

Many thanks for the welcome to the forum.

My son has the book you recommented.

We have bought the equipment recommended in the book, we have the mount, the telescope is arriving the last week in May

Reguards

David.

Hi there David, Welcome to SGL ;)

For starting out in imaging you won't go wrong with Making Every Photon Count, by SGL's very own steppenwolf.

Easy to read, it's full of advice aimed at the imaging novice, including choosing the right equipment, tips 'n' tricks and lots of other vital stuff.

Have a trawl through the imaging sections too, They're full of info and some very experienced, talented folk who, I'm sure, will be more than happy to share advice and guidance with you.

Hi there David O.

Thank you for your welcome, and your advise.

My son Andrew has the book you recommented.

I will be reading it soon.

I am certain I will gain much information from the membership.

Regards

David

You hail from a beautiful place. I used to live in Carmarthen and visited Tenby a few times. Bosherston sands is gorgeous with the little foot bridges to access the beach.

It is lovely down here ;)

Gets a little hectic in the summer season mind you.

Regards

Andy

Hi David. Welcome to the forum - I'm new here myself.

As a boy I spent 6 weeks every summer in a caravan near Tenby, so know it well. We alternated beaches every day, between Pendine, Saundersfoot and Tenby. Lovely part of the world.

And I seem to remember fantastic skies from the caravan site (seen mainly whilst trying to find the site toilet at night!).

Jason

Archived