Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Playing with Saturn

beamish

I'd like to think this is my best effort so far,

going over data is always dangerous but inevitable ! So much relies on personal taste yadda yadda.....played around last night with data set 1 and thought I'd improved it then came back this morning and found I wasn't happy and tried again.

Top one is my fav and second came close and the last from yesterday

So in a nutshell I'm looking for pointers re processing:confused:

post-13438-133877597314_thumb.jpg

post-13438-133877597318_thumb.jpg

post-13438-133877597322_thumb.jpg

.....going over data and repro'ing is what it's all about imho Karlo : that's the only way you can tell if you're refining things, as well as learning how to apply various tools/applications better.....I believe it's something that's of real beneft to me and why I keep on doing it....!:D:D

I really like the last image - and it certainly brings out the storm!:D:)

Hey karlo, very nice repro's

as u say its all bit personal taste etc

also i think monitors settings play part aswell,

not sure if my monitor is spot on but brightness on these look really good,

+ u managed to keep rings from getting too bright which i find tricky,

also i think 1st pic is best for sharpness etc

but equatorial colour on last pic is more white and more natural looking i think ?

just my thoughts hope it helps

good data is certainly worth 3 or 4 repro's sometimes i think

ninox was nono for me lol

but using vdub to get rid off xtra bad frames etc

takes 10-15mins maybe depending on how many frames u delete

but with good data i found it is worth extra time and processing,

processing at larger size also helps so u dont overdo wavelets and can see noise better

James

Thanks James,

I agree about the wavelets, actually started from scratch yesterday:icon_eek: and was surprised at how different the end results can be -man ! we can keep tweaking all we like but you've to stop somewhere :)

It's always hard to resist posting initial results and embarrassing almost when later you find/think you've done a better job:o

However, it's all a learning process-like leaving the 1st layer of wavelets well alone if you're upscaling-R6 is good at catching noise but it can be done in a way on R5 too.

Wind is the killer far the next few days by which time I don't think I'll have a window to Saturn unless I'm prepared to shoot over the roof :D:D

They are all good Karlo! As James has mentioned editing out poorer frames in vdub can make a difference it seems registax always lets several poor frames through the net and often misses out good ones for some reason.

Archived