SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bigbury & Burgh Island - South Devon

I was down shooting the British Firework Championship last night in Plymouth, on the run home I decided to pull into Bigbury to try to get some shots of the wonderful Art Deco hotel on Burgh Island, made famous by Agatha Christie and many others. Some cloud on the horizon was not great, but some nice MW shots to both the South as well as the North. After about 20 minutes the cloud came in, but a great location with  a lot of potential.

This is a compilation of 6 shots, all taken on my 8-15 Canon Fisheye zoom, the round images are at 8mm, while the more normal shots are at 14mm. All taken at 30" with ISO at 12,800.

post-45469-0-62525300-1440024928_thumb.j

Great images John,   I was down that way on holiday a few months back and took the tractor trailer over the sea to the island.  Kids loved it.

The tractor is always a great sight & a fun trip for the kids... Nice pint to be had in the Pilchard as well ;)

Very nice

I was at the fireworks last night armed with the 6 D but after taking an hour to get out of the carpark I was gagging for a cup of tea and me bed.... missed opportunity I think...

I have been trying to get to the firework event for years, normally work or poor weather has conspired to get in the way.   I was partly planning on doing the Wednesday, but a quick check of the forecast made me change to the Tuesday, shooting from Jennycliff was amazing & highly recommended, I will attach a couple of piccies to show the view - these were all taken on my 24-105 Canon, post-45469-0-01489500-1440366688_thumb.j I will do another composite as they seem to work quite well on here :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived