NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astro Physics 130mm Gran Turismo on eBay??

Hi

Did anyone else see the AP Gran Turismo on fleabay yesterday?

It was sitting there at an opening bid of 99p! I couldn't resist being able to say I'd tried to buy an AP so I put in a max bid of £300..within 5 minutes that had gone to £310, so in I went again at amax of £600.

Same thing happened again!

I then left the site having put a watch on it and had another look last evening. It was now up to £10,200!!!

Then this morning it had disappeared altogether, so I'm guessing someone did a deal offline?

Lovely scope but over £10k for a 5" frac? I'd be scared stiff of taking it outside-or even touching it!

Dave

Some of the AP's and other premium scopes that appear on e.bay are scams Dave. This could have been genuine of course but there has been a regular stream of dodgy ones. I thought the AP GT's went for something around £5-6K but I guess they are not being made any more so the price could have skyrocketed. The most I have ever spent on a single piece of astro equipment is around £800 so the thought of spending 10x that through an e.bay ad is scary !! :shocked:

Edit: James beat me to it !

That will teach me to waffle on :rolleyes2:

I must admit I didn't see the BIN price mentioned above..the description sounded pretty plausible, mentioning the 10 year wait for a new AP etc..

I remember another one that used to pop up regularly, for a 6" F12 IIRC..

Why do these Morons do this??

I had my ebay account hacked into.

Did ebay care?       NO!  

All they were interested in is billing me for a sale I didn't place( £70 ouch). Spent over 4 hours on the phone to them. In the end had to chalk it up to experiance

Wouldn't touch ebay again and would advice anyone who thinks its risk free to be very very circumpect.

Unless desperate , very few owners of high-end 'scopes will sell on flea-tray.
Most will post on some reputable site such as this - CN, Astromart etc.

Re: the price of new, top shelf gear : some 20-odd % of the price is going down the toilet in VAT (hiss-boo).
Same down here really so I tend to buy gear second-hand and local.
With our "Pacific Peso" worth about 17&9pence, anything  else makes little sense.

I had my ebay account hacked into.

Did ebay care?       NO!  

All they were interested in is billing me for a sale I didn't place( £70 ouch). Spent over 4 hours on the phone to them. In the end had to chalk it up to experiance

Wouldn't touch ebay again and would advice anyone who thinks its risk free to be very very circumpect.

I also had my ebay account 'hacked' and my credit card details were used to buy £900 of clothes and £600 was spent on online gambling. Fortunately I got my money back but E-Bay is a no-no for me

Archived