Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

29/11 - Sunrise over Maurolycus

Blazar

Hi all. Found another image I had forgotten about. thought I might as well post it up as there is some quite nice detail. I can't exactly remember when I took this, but I would put it around the 29th again. Usual setup, outside the front door (though This one may be with a barlow x2).  Some of the shadows within Maurolycus highlight how impressive those walls must be. Cant advise n frame numbers as I think I deleted the AVI a while back!  Thanks as always for looking.

gallery_27945_3180_440230.jpg

Regards

That is an absolutely crackin' image, there is just so much to look at. The detail and clarity is superb. Very well done. I have never been into Luna imaging, but htis would certainly encourage me to attempt it. I would certainly not come close to achieveing this standard anytime soon.

Well done again.

Ian

That is an absolutely crackin' image, there is just so much to look at. The detail and clarity is superb. Very well done. I have never been into Luna imaging, but htis would certainly encourage me to attempt it. I would certainly not come close to achieveing this standard anytime soon.

Well done again.

Ian

Thanks gents.

Ian: you use the same kit as me pretty much. The C8 and you have the QHY. You will easily get images like this. Just have a crack at it. its pretty darn addictive though... I have only had the scope less than a year, and the 120MM-s less than a couple of months. I have just been fumbling my way through processing, but it seems to work. A baader IR pass filter also helps to cut out some of the atmospheric disruption.

Cheers

Ian,

if you liked that one, have a look at one of the first ones I did with the new camera...I had not used one of planetary cameras before taking this:

http://stargazerslounge.com/uploads/gallery/album_3180/gallery_27945_3180_92226.jpg

My Gallery also has a lot of others in if you like them: http://stargazerslounge.com/gallery/album/3180-afocal-with-the-edge-800-hd/

Regards

That`s a superb image Steve. Detailed and beautifully processed - bringing out that fine detail without harshness. Very well done indeed sir!

Best regards,

Ralph

Thank you Ralph. Cant wait to get out again, but it looks as though its wall to wall cloud....starting to get withdrawal symptoms (hence looking back through old images). I have a lot more but will save those for another rainy day! Appreciate the kind comments.

Regards & Seasons greetings.

What can I add? It's all been said another great image and well annotated as usual. 

Can I be cheeky? and suggest as a help to us newcomers to luna observing that along with the excellent description you add details of directions - N and W perhaps.

Judging by the present weather we will soon have more to enjoy.

Thanks again for posting.

Archived