Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher EQ8 Mount pre-orders

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earl, you don't have to use the standard tripod-pier. You could just buy the mount and sort out your own pier as low as you like.

Olly

This is true, but i cant use a regular pier as my landlord specifically wants no concrete.

Ill double check measurements when my shed is up, hopefully Saturday.

Oh dear, I should have guessed that was tempting fate  :unsure:

The delivery of Skywatcher EQ8 mounts that was due this month has been delayed until the second week of December. 

<bump> Still OK? When will you be in a position to confirm dates as I want to book a couple of days off work to get this installed?

I'll also need an EQDIRECT cable to suit. What do you recommend, please?

<bump> Still OK? When will you be in a position to confirm dates as I want to book a couple of days off work to get this installed?

I'll also need an EQDIRECT cable to suit. What do you recommend, please?

We haven't been advised of any delays so the next delivery is still on track for second week of December. Unfortunately we cannot advise which days you should book off work until after the boat has docked. Even then delays can happen, for example Customs might decide to inspect the container. 

Sorry if that frustrates more than helps. 

We list an EQDIR adapter for EQ8 at our website :smiley:

Steve 

We haven't been advised of any delays so the next delivery is still on track for second week of December. Unfortunately we cannot advise which days you should book off work until after the boat has docked. Even then delays can happen, for example Customs might decide to inspect the container. 

Sorry if that frustrates more than helps. 

We list an EQDIR adapter for EQ8 at our website :smiley:

Steve 

Grand.

Can you please let me know (email or phone) when you do get a firmer ECD? Many thanks Steve.

I bought the EQ8 EQDIR lead from FLO - works fine :)  I decided not to risk making my own and making a mistake with the connections and possibly blowing up my nice new mount.

I'm hoping to be able to report on mine loaded up and using the 1000mm FL MN190 before long.  Apart from the clouds, other things have got in the way of doing that lately :(

I removed my old EQ6 yesterday (its going to a new home on Wednesday) and modded the pier top plate to suit the EQ8. The EQ8 has a flat bottom (ooeeerr missus) which certainly makes it dead easy to fit to a pier. No need to mess about with pier adapters at all.

skywatcher_eq8_mount_pier_top.jpg

My pier top is the same as this:

$_12.JPG

The top plate is 8mm thick and the studding is 16mm. I can't see that moving anywhere.

The January shipment of Skywatcher EQ8 mounts has almost completely sold out.

I am confident we will have enough to cover existing pre-orders, and possibly one or two more, but we think it best we err on the side of caution and say orders placed from today onwards will be fulfilled from the second delivery in 2014.  We cannot be sure when that will be but it will probably be February or March. 

Thank-you again to everyone who has entrusted their EQ8 pre-order with FLO  :icon_salut:

Steve 

skywatcher_eq8_mount.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Three SGL members are going to have an extra special Christmas because Skywatcher's UK importer have released some EQ8 mounts  :icon_santa:

Apparently they didn't receive enough counterweights in the last shipment so couldn't release all the EQ8 mounts at that time. The counterweights have now arrived so the complete mounts were made available. 

Unfortunately whilst we have been able to fulfil some orders earlier than expected there are no spare EQ8 mounts. New orders will be fulfilled from shipments due to arrive Jan or Feb. 

• 2 months later...

…. orders placed from today onwards will be fulfilled from the second delivery in 2014.  We cannot be sure when that will be but it will probably be February or March. 

The Skywatcher EQ8 mount is back in stock and we have fulfilled all backorders  :angel:

Supply has more-or-less caught up with demand so it should now be a lot easier to source an EQ8 mount. 

There has been one or two (actually, only one) requests for instructions on adjusting the EQ8 mount's backlash. We do have pdf instructions for anyone who wants them but please be careful because the vast majority of EQ8 mounts don't require adjustment and the design needs a small amount of backlash to work effectively. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Archived