Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

qhy8l de bayering :(

Austin

Hi all,

I am struggling to de bayer my o.s.c ccd images. When I stack them in neb 3 and then try to de bayer them, a message comes up saying they are already in colour. The image is still in grayscale though with the criss cross pattern!! I have also tried to stack them in dss, and the end result comes up with lots of horizontal lines on too :(

Any help would pe much appreciated

I think DSS does the de-bayering for DSLRs. No idea about OSC CCDs.

It handles OSC the same as a DSLR (after all, the chips are similar). As long as the correct deBayer option is selected in the DSS Options (Generic GBRG) then it should be OK

Shouldnt you de-bayer first, then stack?

In Neb , yes, de-Bayering comes before stacking in the workflow. In DSS it does it automatically.

Have you just started to use Nebulosity? The reason I'm asking is that 'out of the box', Nebulosity de-mosaics automatically by default - you can change this in the Acquisition Mode in the Preferences.

In Neb , yes, de-Bayering comes before stacking in the workflow. In DSS it does it automatically.

I was reading an article the other day about the advantages of stacking BEFORE debayering, but it has to be done by the program itself to do it properly, DSS might do stacking before debayering, not sure.

I have tried using the generic gbrg in dss as mentioned in a prevoius post by zakalwe, I have tried de bayering prior to stacking in neb, I have tried each aquisition mode, colour file format and de mosaic method combination within preference to no avail too. I was wondering if someone could give me a checklist of the settings within preference in neb for the same setup as I have to see if that helps. Thanks all for taking the time to look at this :)

I have tried using the generic gbrg in dss as mentioned in a prevoius post by zakalwe, I have tried de bayering prior to stacking in neb, I have tried each aquisition mode, colour file format and de mosaic method combination within preference to no avail too. I was wondering if someone could give me a checklist of the settings within preference in neb for the same setup as I have to see if that helps. Thanks all for taking the time to look at this :)

might be wroth giving bern an email dude

I forgot to mntion that when a sub was taken, the image shown on neb was in greyscale and the image quality didnt vary much with different lnght exposures. I definatly thing that my preferences comfiguration is wrong prior to taking subs and not just in the post processing stage??

I would like to find out what Aquisition mode, Colour file format, and De mosaic ( De bayer method ) all within the preferences settings in nebulosity. Hopefully this will help me :o steeeeeeeeep learning curve lol!! ( enjoying it tho! )

• 6 months later...

Archived