Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peli cases

Jammy

When I bought my scope last November I didn't realise that it didn't come with a case, or that you can't buy cases easily in the uk.

I don't have the room to leave the scope set up full time, so I decided to get some cases for protection as much as anything.

After searching round for a few months I've bought a couple of second hand Peli cases from eBay (£100 each). They're lightweight, waterproof and indestructible (according to the Peli website).

Just in case anyone else is looking to do something similar I've added a couple of photos to show how suitable they are.

post-30054-133877776017_thumb.jpg

post-30054-133877776023_thumb.jpg

post-30054-133877776029_thumb.jpg

They're both the Peli cubed foam. The smaller cases came with some foam but not a full set but I managed to get the missing part from eBay. The larger case came empty but there is a UK Peli supplier on eBay too. I got the full set of foam for £37. eBay is my new friend :)

• 1 month later...

my 8inch Meade came in a peli case, nice kit! I now have my CCD's in a small peli case, and when i find one again at a good price ill get one for my filter wheel / reducers to go in.

I looked this up, and they're related, Peli being the European branch of Pelican, so I assume they are just as good, if not the same products.

Good spot cantab. When I was looking for a case a US distributor told me that they were not the same, I assumed they knew what they were talking about :p

I use a Pelican 1600 sized case for my NEQ6 mount and it is very robust with 4 locking features and two security holes for padlocks. Its build quality gives me a lot of confidence that it will easily handle any abuse I throw at it

They aren't cheap but easily the best I've used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

• 4 months later...

Quite an old thread but I too need a case for my new NEQ6 head. Crikey, the spending at this game never ends does it ! I am going to look at small hard suitcase and wrap it in a an old blanket me thinks.

Any other suggestions folk have?

Rgds, Steve

The C9.25 lives inside a Peli 1660 case. It's just about perfect height, but maybe a little wider than it needs to be. I looked at all the Peli sizes (listed on their website) before buying and this was probably the best fit.

Archived