Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First photo, The Moon.

I couldn't resist trying to take a photo of the Moon tonight. This is my first go and I was just holding my digital camera to the EP. It was with the standard 25mm wide angle EP. Here it is...be gentle.

miooa.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fantastic picture that Joe, my DSLR is broken I'm afraid, bah. After my evening with the moon I've been watching the BBC drama/doc Space Race. It's really quite good if anyone's interested. It goes right back to 1944 all the way to the 1969 moon landing. I had no idea the rockets used were inspired by the German V2 rockets used in WW2. Anyway check it out, I really enjoyed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Race_%28TV_series%29

thats right, through their desperation the Germans had developed rocket technology, Von Braun was whisked away by the americans after the war to help them develope their rockets. Nice reward for someone who was responsible for so many lives

Thanks Geo.

What SLR do you own, why doesn't it work?

I think I've been that programme, I knew about that german bloke or I may have seen it somewhere else! lol

Rick.

Fantastic picture that Joe, my DSLR is broken I'm afraid, bah. After my evening with the moon I've been watching the BBC drama/doc Space Race. It's really quite good if anyone's interested. It goes right back to 1944 all the way to the 1969 moon landing. I had no idea the rockets used were inspired by the German V2 rockets used in WW2. Anyway check it out, I really enjoyed it.

Space Race (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its a Fujifilm Finepix S1800 Joe, my uncle borrowed it and unfortunately he dropped it and smashed it up a little. I'd only had it a month or so aswell! He did give me the money but I spent that on some new EP's. I'll be grabbing a new one at some point no doubt.

Hi Geo,

Great photo, friend. In my Astronomy class, that would be an 'A' effort. Nicely centered, a bit overexposed, but shows really nice detail.

One way to see how good it really is - go to a website like LunarRepublic.com and use their Lunar Atlas and see how many features you can identify. If you have a descent print and a magnifier - I think you'll be amazed at how many features you have actually captured. Hundreds, I should think. :)

Next time try 'bracketing' the exposure. Take a shot you think is a bit overexposed, and then shorten the exposure time one notch at a time for several shots. You are bound to get a winner!

Dan

Archived