NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

first webcam saturn

Chrissy G

hi there, this is my first saturn this year, taken with spc900, 5x powermate on s/w 300p. finding it so damn hard to achieve good focus with the wobbly seeing. stacked in registax5 tweaked in gimp.

post-19991-133877560863_thumb.jpg

am sure i can get a better one over the coming months:headbang:

That's a great shot. Focus is pretty good as you can see the Cassini division. The atmosphere makes it tricky to get razor sharp images.

The only thing I would suggest is tweaking the RGB align, which is done on the wavelet page in Registax. Click on RGB align (right hand side of page in Registax 5), and when it opens click on Estimate and that will help reduce the blue fringing on the top edge of your picture. Maybe brighten it up a little with a bit of histogram stretch and you will have a nice image.

Well done!

Rachel

Brilliant! :D Best I've done with Saturn so far is a tiny image in the eyepiece - a long way from imaging, but imaging is what I'm aiming for eventually. I think I may need a better mount and maybe even a better scope. I have seen the rings at 325x magnification but I only have to breathe on the scope to make the image jiggle about. I need a decent motor drive too.

Well done on a very nice image :rolleyes:

Archived