Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Clearance: Celestron C100ED with Moonlite

Some of you may remember we cleared the last remaining Celestron C100ED f9 optical tubes at £360. Well, we kept one for our own use and fitted it with a Moonilite dual speed focuser :glasses2:

The combined price for telescope and focuser was £645, we are offering it today at £490 delivered.

Includes a full 1-year warranty.

celestron_c100ED_moonlite.jpg

The telescope's 100mm f9 doublet optic includes a Ohara FPL-53 ED element, essentially it is the same optic as fitted to the Skywatcher 100ED PRO (both Skywatcher and Celestron are manufactured by Synta). An optically-matched Skywatcher reducer-flatteneris available that will reduce the f-ratio to f7.65

The Moonlite focuser is a joy to use and is regarded as one of the best available.

Please note, this offer is not listed on our website, please email us (link below) if interested.

Steve

Optically it is reeeally nice and the Moonlite gives it a finely engineered look and feel but we try not to use kit we cannot sell so as Synta no longer offer this optic as a Celestron... It has to go.

If that is the one I looked through at SGL6, with Steve's permission of course :icon_eek:, than someone is in for a real treat with it. I must start saving to add a moonlite and a good 2" diagonal to mine as they made it a real pleasure to use :rolleyes:

Very interested. Could you pm me some sizing information? Length being the most important (I live in London so needs to be smallish otherwise swmbo will not be impressed). Is it good on planets? Does it come with a mount or eyepieces?

Thanks

Very interested. Could you pm me some sizing information? Length being the most important (I live in London so needs to be smallish otherwise swmbo will not be impressed). Is it good on planets? Does it come with a mount or eyepieces?

Thanks

Sorry Smeech, I missed your post.

The length is 85cm.

The long f-ratio and FPL-53 glass make it very well suited for planetary observing.

It is not supplied with a mount or eyepieces.

HTH :D

Steve, can your take a moonlite off one of these? I am still waiting (patiently) for mine!!

Regards

Sara

Moonlite focusers made for the C100ED attach via a large thread whereas the one you have ordered for your Skywatcher is fitted using three screws. Our latest Moonlite delivery left the US 7th April so should be with us soon. Thank-you for your patience.

Steve

Very nice. Why does the colour scheme put me in mind of ..... ...... ..... ..... ..... .... ... .... jaffa cakes?

That would be James........ :D

This is a great deal! Hope it goes to a good home.

Archived