Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn Storm n Moons 25.3.11

AztecastroMcJ

Computer decided to malfunction earlier this week so had to get repaired and wait to finish processing on these, very annoying

anyway conditions were still poor say 6-7/10 at best

decided to try 2.5x barlow i have rather than 3x i had been using,

once i recovered from massive difference in size on laptop screen, i found pretty decent focus,

and 1st capture of night seems best of few i got

more details see pics :)

1st pic shows different capture sizes and processes

2nd pic is winjupos map for Storm measurement

3rd pic shows Moons Titan and Rhea and is 2pics combined one f/11.8 for moons, other Saturn at f/29.5

4th and last is 200% jpeg for anyone brave enough to try repro B)

James

post-16858-133877555989_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877555994_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877555998_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877556003_thumb.jpg

As I've commented before James, you keep on pulling some very respectable results from that little mak of yours.....bet you wouldn't mind having some "aperture boost" at times though!:):icon_salut:

You're way past me with the Winjupos software though I'm afraid - I send them images sometimes but I've never sat down and gotten a handle on their various map and projection software.....sort of like animations, where I really should get my head around stuff....!

Storm head shows quite clearly in some of your images, and getting Saturnian moons is allways a bonus!B)

Great detail there James very good focus you are certainly squeezing every drop out of the skymax!

Hope you don't mind but I ran your last image through deconvolution in image analyzer...something I've just discovered seems to bring out more detail.

space-cowboy-albums-saturn-picture10189-combined-new0000-james-saturn.jpg

cheers guys

KM larger aperture will be very nice, if it ever happens, lol skint at min,

winjupos is like all software, it becomes more friendly the more u use it,

i still don't know how to do alot of the stuff it can do, worth getting the hang of i think tho

thanks again

James

Archived