NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What a great sky last night

geppetto

Great to get out last night, hope it was clear where you are.

Strange thing was, even with a bright moon, other stuff could be

seen from Geppetto Towers. I reckon that here at least there was very

little mist to scatter the moonlight.

Whilst waiting for the moon to get a bit higher, I took some 20 second

Toucams of M42 to get my eye in and was surprised how much came

through the moonlight

m42a.jpg

Also surprised how saturn came through the moon glare and how sharp it

was through the eyepiece.

Can we have another one tonight please :rolleyes:

I agree about Saturn.

I think i had one of my best sessions on it last night,Cassini,4 moons and banding on the planet :rolleyes:

I was at a Public Obs night so was cursing under my breath that i couldnt get my Toucam onto it.

I just hope tonight is as good

I enjoyd it more a it wasy first ever DSO images! It was really a big step in our hobby for me last night.

Tonight though, I might just do some visual stuff, mayve some sketches.

Make the most of it guys, Snow for wednesday :rolleyes:

Kain

Was a good sky indeed...

Steve and I went down to the NLO Observatory, I took some pics of the moon and Saturn ..And used my trusty 10X50's on my mono pod..Sometimes it's just nice to look.

Nice image Phil...

I had a fab night with the AP 7" Apo Saturn was stunning , Then i used the bino viewer 2 eyes are better than 1 no question, the 18mm baader eyepieces i got from Steve are very sharp indeed i think it was a wise investment .

Tonight wall to wall fog. :rolleyes:

Tonight was rather nice too, albeit im frozen solid and the dog wants a walk. Caught a couple for my new Log, the Andromeda galaxy, Saturn was very clear, the Pleiades stunning as always,and a lot of views of Mirach in my hour long quest to find the andromeda galaxy, 3 telrads to the right :rolleyes:

A large waft of cloud began to come in from the north heading south but thankfully it shot off.

I had clouds covering half my sky that hovered more or less in exactly the same place for an hour. The moon washed out everything else! I managed to get a clear shot of saturn at low power, but seeing was far too poor for any great clarity at 200x mag. M42 was not a great sight to be honest.

The moon's always a nice sight, but otherwise rather disappointing

A

Archived