Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

careful reprocess Saturn....

beamish

......okay I'm now happy to leave this data alone and conc. on the next clear night before I go mad !! All in all different processing form Reg onwards and cautious playing in PS, I admit I'm pleased with this, hope you like it too.

It's all good practice !!:)

Seriously looking fwd to stacking loads more RGB only

beamish-albums-karlo-s-pics-picture10170-untitled-2.png

beamish-albums-karlo-s-pics-picture10171-sat2.jpg

Thanks SC, have made myself a T-threaded barrel to take the Barlow end piece and bring the fl down to about F22, just need clear skies -don't we all??

Thanks Wayne Weedon and his wonderfully adaptable T-thread cover pieces :)

Better re process, im hoping if you get good seeing, at f22 6 min red, rgb 6 min ( really worth doing long reds too ) you should get a result that will withstand re sampling. but show much more, and much less noise. dropping the lum as you say will help too i think. if your right about the f22 calculation. things should tighten a lot.

Awesome capture Karlo! Something I can aspire to :)

I'm not well versed in planetary capturing, so I'm very interested in your comment Neil. 6 minute captures? That's LOADS longer than I generally capture (one shot colour only mind). Obviously the different planets rotate at different rates, which sets a max capture length, so I assume that Saturn is a slow mover. And as that's the case it's worth grabbing for as long as possible..?

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Just for the record, there's only between 450-500 frames of each channel stacked in this image.:)

Sam, I think the general consensus is that unlike Joop which rotates ridiculously fast B) one can spend upto 6mins on Saturn before rotational errors make themselves known. For this image run tho I was experimenting and running just 1 min per channel L,R,G,B & IR.

It was suggested ( given the poor quality of the IR & L data) to drop them down to just the RGB channels and push for more time.

So yeah pretty excited at what may be achieved with that plus dropping the focal length from F30 down to F22-hopefully get a much better Histo response.

Thanks for all the kind comments , kinda makes the time spent redoing it all very much worth the effort-learnt a lot in the process too :grin:

Archived