Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First ever moon with iPhone

jnc71106

This is my first ever moon photo infect it's my first ever astrophotography pic

Taken with my iPhone held up to the lens on my nagler 12mm t4

I know it's pretty poor compared to all the others on here but frankly I don't care it's my first pic and I'm proud of it

5add56c7-0c77-0059.jpg

Jake

Great first image!

Not an easy task with a phone either I bet.

I would recomend it minor tweak in a photo manipulation programe though...just try dialing back the brightness and maybe increase the contrast just slightly and you should be able to bring out a bit more deatail yet.

If you don't have one try this free one GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Also in regards to your focus problem...it all depends on the scope you have? With Newts I believe you can move the secondry mirror. Thats all I know about that I am afraid.

HTH :)

Keep up the good work!

Michael

That is very impressive, and an ingenious method of photography... What iPhone do you have?

It's just my old 3GS mate it's took a little while to get the position right and I tried it with Saturn but couldn't get it to work

Archived