NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dob mount build!

Bigdaddyjeff

Time to start a simple basic Dob style mount for my 250 P DS. Got the simple design to follow so i'm going to get cracking....it's nothing extravagent....it's nothing over complicated.....just something i know i can manage along with household works,full time works,hopefully some clear skies and of course a few hours sleep inbetween :( ........ so let the building commence........see you in about 6 months!!!!!:)

Gaz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.....6 days into the project....adjustable cradle built and holding the OTA...although i do need to take it out of the protective tissue and plastic (it still looks so new though....:p)....going to attempt the rocker box and hopefully base over the weekend....more reclusive time in the shed ahead!! :(

Not sure anyones reading this.....but i'm gonna post it anyway :D

Thanks Moonshane. I've followed the Stellafane method for my build and just tried to utilise materials i can get my hands on. My cradle is a little larger than it really should be but i was just wary of the weight of it so wanted to make sure it would hold sufficiently. I will post some pics up the weekend and good luck with your build when you start it off :D

Gaz

Not seen these web pages before. All very clearly laid out. Thanks for that :D

(6'' dob mount is on my list of to dos)

Good luck with your build.

...I've followed the Stellafane method for my build...... Gaz

Hi Gaz

Have you finished yet??:D:D

Seriously though take ya time you'll enjoy it more in the long run.

No one can see the time it took you to make something just the end product.

Take your time and get it right and it'll be something you'll use for years.

Regards Steve

Hi Gaz

Have you finished yet??:D:D

Seriously though take ya time you'll enjoy it more in the long run.

No one can see the time it took you to make something just the end product.

Take your time and get it right and it'll be something you'll use for years.

Regards Steve

I have indeed Steve :p.... and i must say i'm pretty pleased with my first attempt...it's not the best ever but it will certainly suffice for me :(....

Trying to upload some pics but doesn't seem to be working...bare with me.....

Gaz

This looks excellent! One point to make is that the 'best' design is to have any bearing points in the base on top of each other. You may find it will be smoother with the casters fixed above the feet?

Other than that it looks superb and should work really well.

Archived