Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Prime Focus Satrun, A 1st!

Hello, I am quite excited with these images, as they are my first with my new Canon Dslr using the Eyepiece projection method with a 25mm possel and 2x barlow in my 8in Dob. No stacking or toying with (so complicated!!!). Saturn and Alcar/Mizar.. comments and criticisms welcome!

post-23692-133877546225_thumb.jpg

post-23692-133877546232_thumb.jpg

post-23692-133877546237_thumb.jpg

Thank you both! the title was not right i guess, because i used an eyepiece projection tube thingy i just ordered. I want to use it with my 7.5 possel but when i try i cannot find saturn in the camera. Is there any way to improve these shots? i have Registax and Gimp. Thanks!:o

Very cool indeed :) im new to all this photography stuff what is prime focus? are you using the camera with the lense still attached and aiming it down the 25mm plossl? or have you mounted the camera body too the eyepiece? :(

Porl''

• 2 weeks later...
Very cool indeed :D im new to all this photography stuff what is prime focus? are you using the camera with the lense still attached and aiming it down the 25mm plossl? or have you mounted the camera body too the eyepiece? :)

Porl''

Prime Focus is just the camera body (no lens) attached to 99.99% of the time to a T-Ring and T-Adaptor that fits inside the focuser.

You use the telescope as the lens.

aFocal is the camera placed up close to an eyepiece and the camera (with or without lens depending on setup) focuses directly onto the image of the eyepiece projection.

Archived