NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

unguided Jelly

jsigone

Here's my 1st attempt on this target, kinda faint for my setup but I'll take it.

Hardware:

Celestron Onyx 80mm ED @ F5 with William Optics V2 .8x reducer/flattener

Celestron ASGT5 mount (unguided)

Canon XS (self mod) with Astronomiks CLS-CCD clip in

Settings:

ISO 1600, 2min x 43 lights, 22 darks, 43 flats & 43 bias

Software:

DSS, Nebulosity2, CS4

5492303711_a12aa34f24_b.jpg

IC 443 43x2min ISO 1600 Final by jsigone, on Flickr

I do like this - Is it full frame or have you cropped it? I was thinking that I'd not catch much of this and it would be tiny, you may have convinced me otherwise!! Thank you.

I've looked at your Flickr pics - You've got some great stuff on there, taken with your DSLR and unguided as well - Brilliant stuff.

I do like this - Is it full frame or have you cropped it? I was thinking that I'd not catch much of this and it would be tiny, you may have convinced me otherwise!! Thank you.

I've looked at your Flickr pics - You've got some great stuff on there, taken with your DSLR and unguided as well - Brilliant stuff.

thank you. I did very lil crop on the bottom part of the image. There was some curvature in the frame that was effecting how it was processing the lower section of the Jelly. Was easier to process and get a bit deeper of IC444 without that bad section in the histogram, otherwise it was blowing the details out of 443

thanks for the comments. Sad note that this was the last image I'll get outta that 80mm ED refractor. I've learned allot w/ the short focal length and unguided, I felt it was time to step up the game. I sold it over the weekend after I had bought a 6" mak-newt F4.8 :o:headbang: Now waiting for a low profile t-adapter so I can come into focus w/ the canon. Also have a SSAG coming in 2 weeks when Orion gets their 2Qtr shipments.

5520971213_25fdb2e23b.jpg

ES MN152mm F4.8 by jsigone, on Flickr

Archived