Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First modded DSLR pic - Bubble nebula

swag72

This is the first picture that I have taken with my newly modded 1000D. Processing wise I was very surprised at how little it needed. I know that it would benefit hugely from more data, but I have been a little sidetracked with gremlins in my setup. This is 48 x 120s lights and 50 x 120s darks.

post-18339-133877537466_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments folks - This is a pretty hefty crop as it was taken at 720mm. Also, I had to remove the outer egdes of the image as I was struggling with some focuser issues. As a first shot, it's OK and I'm looking forward to using the modded 1000D some more.

Glad to see you decided to go ahead with the Mod Sara, I don;t think you'll regret it for Astronomy images.

Boy you have jumped in the deep end with this one as a first image following a mod and I don't think you've been imaging for long. Well done.

Can't comment too much as not even tackled this one myself as yet.

Carole

Thanks for that Carole - I just wish I could get it a little sharper, but guess that due to the crop that's probably as good as I'll get?

I've not been imaging from long, only since December, but I'd love to achieve some of the truely awesome stuff that I see on here. I am really lucky living out here in Spain, as I can get out quite often, which has really helped me to get it into my head how to set up and hopefully iron out the glitches I have encountered.

Archived